If we, as adults, feel so much joy to sit and relax in a teak rocker, imagine how pleasant must be for a baby! The slow back and forth motion will relax the baby, inducing baby in a comfortable and relaxing mood that will also bring the sweet sleep.
More, the teak rocking chairs are ideal to read a book to your child, to cuddle, to feed the baby or to enjoy the precious moments of holding him in your arms. A teak rocking chair is the best choice for so many reasons.
First of all, the teak rocking chairs are sturdy and solid. That makes them safe to be used for an extended period of time. The teak wood doesn’t allow the fungus and the bacteria to survive too long. And that’s the safe and good for the baby.
The mother can rock her baby anywhere because the rocking chair can be used inside and outside.
When the baby is too big to be rocked, the chair can also be used outside to enjoy the fresh air and the beautiful days. Teak wood has a good resistance to all kind of weather conditions and won’t get destroyed.
This aspect makes the chair to be useful for a much longer period of time after the child is no longer a baby.
The most of the teak rocking chairs don’t come with a cushion.
It is important for the rocking chair to have cushions which make the chair more comfortable because the time spent on the chair will be a long one.
Choosing easy to wash cushions or cushions that are liquid resistant is a smart decision. It’s very likely for the baby to throw up on the cushions, to drool on them, to spill the milk or the food and so on.
What to look for when buying a rocking or glider chair
- The comfort is a very important aspect. The teak rocking chair you purchase has to offer you enough space to change the position without effort, to have plenty of head and back support and to fit your body size.
- Your feet should touch the floor at an angle that is comfortable to you. Some pockets where you can put baby gear or things like magazines, the remote control or the phone is more than welcomed.
- The sturdy frame. The frame must be solid to worth the long time investment. Be sure to check the gaps, the exposed moving parts, and the sharp edges. All of these are a potential danger to the baby.
- The padded armrests. Plenty of support is needed for your arms to hold the baby as comfortable as possible. If you have a nursing pillow you can come with it to the store to check if it fits next to or over the armrests in a comfortable way.
- The recline. There are teak glider chairs that have the recline option. This offers more comfort and is very helpful when you take care of an ill baby.
- The swivel ability. The glider chairs are harder to adjust and they are also heavy compared to the rockers. You can choose a glider that has the 360 degrees swivel.
- A matching ottoman is also important. It can be sold separately or it comes with the glider or the rocker. An ottoman that is made for your chair will move with the same motion.
- The locking mechanism. It avoids the baby’s toes and fingers hurting and it keeps the chair from moving.